Threaded Index

UCC Article 2B

Dear Liblicense-l Readers:

For a useful summary of issues of concern to information licensees raised
during the process of revising UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) 2B, please go
to the LIBLICENSE web site and see there the very recent commentary
offered by Robert Oakley (Georgetown University Law Center) to the
Association of Research Libraries' meeting in Washington, DC last week.

The commentary covers uniform laws in general, article 2B (governing the
sale of goods, in particular the licensing of information), and the
issues raised by a draft which appears problematic to many in the
library community.

The discussion on this matter has been, wherever we've seen it, somewhat
technical and therefore not easily accessible to non-lawyers.  Robert
Oakley's piece fills an important informational need.

We welcome discussion of UCC 2B and the Oakley paper on this list.

The LIBLICENSE web site is to be found at:

http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense/index.shtml

Or, the paper can be found specifically at:

http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense/uccspeech.html

Ann Okerson
Liblicense-l
Ann.Okerson@yale.edu