Threaded Index

Re: Hospital Sites and Networks

Date:          Wed, 24 Sep 97 13:17:41
From:          <tgardner@lib.rush.edu>
Subject:       RE: AAHSL: (Fwd) Hospital Sites and Networks (fwd)
To:            in%"dmcdonal@indyvax.iupui.edu"  "dana mcdonald, head, ruth lilly medical libr"

We have been providing access to the OVID databases for a number of our
hospital libraries for at least 3-4 years.  These are small community
hospitals which are part of the RUSH System for Health and they have a few
residents each.  They each pay OVID a set amount per year for access and
they each pay me at Rush a $1500.00 surcharge per year for the modem line
and passwords, handouts, initial training and any troubleshooting
necessary.

It has been a very easy process for us.  We give them each a modem and
dial up line and passwords.  Those who can come in via the Internet.  It
has been minimal hassle except at annual billing when hospitals can't get
it straight that they need to send a check to OVID and a check to us.

If you have any questions please fire away!

Trudy

Trudy A. Gardner Ph.D., (tgardner@lib.rush.edu)
Assistant Dean for Educational Resources
Rush University
Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center
600 South Paulina
Chicago, IL 60612

Ph.: 312-942-2271
Fax. 312-942-3143