Threaded Index

Re: Hospital Sites and Networks

Forwarded message:
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:59:22 +0100
From: James Shedlock <j-shedlock@nwu.edu>
Subject: Re:  Hospital Sites and Networks

The message below was posted on the AAHSL List (Assoc. Academic Health
Sciences Library Directors).  One of my concerns, based on a license to
share the Current Contents database (Life Science segment only), is the
ability to include off-campus faculty and students.  This phenomena is now
starting to happen more in medicine with the complexities associated with
managed care.  While we are struggling to deal with inclusion of off-site
faculty and students, we anticipate dealing with the distant hospitals as
contracts are secured and the academic library starts to support the
distant hospital library.  In fact, I'm told access to the academic hs
library and its electronic resources and services is what appeals to
various hospitals and helps get them to join the academic-based network.

Jim

James Shedlock, Director
Galter Health Sciences Library
Northwestern University
303 E. Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL  60611
VOICE:  312-503-8133   FAX:  312-503-1204
EMAIL:  j-shedlock@nwu.edu (shedlock@casbah.acns.nwu.edu)

>From: "Dana McDonald, Head, Ruth Lilly Medical Libr"
><dmcdonal@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU>
>To: aahsl@aamcinfo.aamc.org
>Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 09:24:52 +0000
>Subject: AAHSL: (Fwd) Hospital Sites and Networks (fwd)
>Sender: owner-aahsl@aamcinfo.aamc.org
>
>AAHSL Colleagues,
>Please excuse any duplication of messages.
>Dana

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer