Threaded Index

Perpetual access and a print anomaly

From:  Peter Graham, Rutgers University Libraries

Just to show that all things are possible in all environments:  a decade
or so ago when I was working with Columbia's acquisitions department, we
had a standing order for an architectural directory in New York City from
an NYC firm.  The terms of the standing order were that we had to return
the previous issue as we got each issue, on an annual basis.  When I
discovered this I tried diligently to argue them out of it, as they were
distinctly the odd publisher out in all our acquisitions.  They adamantly
refused and we decided to go along, but I remember we all felt a)
disturbed and annoyed and b) that this was so exceptional that we needn't
worry about it very much.

Enter the electronic publishers.  --pg

******* New area code required in November, is usable now (was 908) ******
Peter Graham     psgraham@rci.rutgers.edu     Rutgers University Libraries
169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08903  (732)445-5908; fax(732)445-5888
               <URL:http://aultnis.rutgers.edu/pghome.html>

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer