Threaded Index

Re: Perpetual Access -Reply

Notre Dame has asked for a similar contract which included keeping
the latest acces softwaare to run such a product.

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997 10:10:14 -0400 (EDT) Karen Hunter said:
>Sallie Becker asked if there were agreements that permitted the library to
>retain the electronic information if the subscription is not renewed.  The
>Elsevier Electronic Subscription program, which is for the local delivery
>and mounting of journal files, permits this retention.  Retention and use
>is conditional upon observing the same access/license terms (i.e., one
>cannot suddenly open the files to the world), but the library retains the
>files in perpetuity.
>
>Karen Hunter
>Senior Vice President
>Elsevier Science

STEPHEN M. HAYES
Business Service Librarian
313 COLL. OF BUSN. ADMIN. BLDG.
UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME
NOTRE DAME IN 46556-0399
VOICE: 219-631`-5268
E-MAIL: HAYES.2@ND.EDU

                       "I will not fear.  Fear is the mind-killer
                    Fear is the little-death... Where the fear
                 has gone there will be nothing...only I will remain"
                           --Litany of Fear - Bene Gesserit Rite

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer