Threaded Index

Re: Contracts

     There may well be software to help create contracts.  On the storage
     part of Diane's question, I have tried fairly hard to find what I
     would call "contract management software."  Soon after I began at
     JSTOR I ran into a friend who happened (at the time) to be the
     contract administrator for Radio City Music Hall here in New York.
     "Arlene, please tell me what contract management software you use!"
     She looked at me blankly and said that to her knowledge none exists.
     "So what do you do?" I asked.  "A big chart on the wall."

     Since then I have reviewed a couple of software programs produced for
     attorneys, but none do specifically what I wanted, namely, enable me
     to track contracts, especially changes in specific clauses to a form
     agreement that is getting signed by a lot of people.  (We have over
     200 participating libraries, each with a signed agreement, and some 37
     publisher agreements in place.)

     My answer has been to create an electronic "chart" using Microsoft
     Access.  I imagine there are any number of database type programs that
     would do the same thing.  It's very simple, actually, but it serves
     the purpose for us.  I'd be happy to share the details with anyone who
     is interested.  And would also love to hear if anyone has come up with
     a better mousetrap!

     Sarah E. Sully
     General Counsel
     JSTOR