Threaded Index

Electronic Collection Development

From: Richards Robert <rrichard@stripe.Colorado.EDU>

This message is being posted to several lists. Please excuse the
duplication.

Hello: I wanted to announce a the appearance of "Reference and Collection
Development: a Bibliography," which can be found on the World Wide Web at:

http://alexia.lis.uiuc.edu/~rrichard/RUSA/bib.html

As the bibliography contains many references to current materials on the
topic of collection development for electronic resources, it may prove
useful to collection development librarians.

Topics covered include:

1.Reference and Collection Development
2.Remote Users
3.Intellectual Control of Electronic Resources
4.Education and Training of Reference Librarians
5.Altering the Organizational Structure of Libraries

This work forms part of a Web site for the 1997 ALA Reference and User
Services Association President's Program for the 1997 ALA Annual
Conference in San Francisco, "Towards a New Vision of Reference:
Kaleidoscopic Collections and Real Librarians"

(http://alexia.lis.uiuc.edu/~rrichard/RUSA/president.html).

The site contains some other resources that might be useful for collection
development librarians, including a page of links to collection
development policies for electronic materials

(http://alexia.lis.uiuc.edu/~rrichard/RUSA/policies.html).

I would welcome any comments or suggestions.

Thanks very much.

Rob Richards

                     Robert C. Richards, Jr., M.A., M.S.L.I.S

                     Technical Services Librarian
                     University of Colorado Law Library
                     Campus Box 402
                     Boulder, Colorado 80309-0402