Threaded Index

Re: Electronic Collection Development Policies??

The Ehrman Library Policy can be found on its homepage, at:

library.med.nyu.edu/Library

There is also a DocKit available from the Medical Library Association that
collects such policies.

In general, I would describe our policy as heavy on the traditional
selection elements of quality, appropriateness for our audience, authority
and currency.  We are fairly "light" on putting technical elements (like
average load time, or number of screens to click thru to find information,
etc.) into our policy statement at present.

Paul Wrynn

>What sort of formal electronic collection development policies do you all
>have? Ideally, I am looking for policies covering the selection of
>electronic resources from a consortial standpoint, but I am also
>interested in indivdual institutional policies.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bernie Sloan

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library