Threaded Index

Fwd: Virtual Licenses

From: minow@webtv.net (Mary Minow)
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 09:44:17 -0700
To: minow@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Virtual Licenses

CALIFORNIA (a proposal for a virtual library with full statewide "lending"
that goes to the CA Senate Appropriations Committee next week.)  I'm
writing the paper for law school.

1.  American Library Association, Intellectual Property Issues (April 1,
1997)

http://www.ala.org/washoff/ipbrief.html
(links to other relevant ALA docs)

OR

http://www.ala.org/washoff/nii.html
and look around for other docs

2. Association of Research Libraries Includes analyses of legislation,
court decisions and links to other sites
http://arl.cni.org/info/frn/copy/coptoc.html

OR

Association of Research Libraries
http://arl.cni.org/info

3.  CONFU The Conference on Fair Use: An Interim Report to the
Commissioner (Dec 1996) http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/dcom/olia/confu/

4.  Georgia Harper, Copyright in the Library: The Digital Library (March
3, 1997) (from the Copyright Crash Course -- FANTASTIC source, up to date,
links to CONFU and more)
http://www.utsystem.edu/ogc/intellectualproperty/l-diglib.htm

5.  James S. Heller, The Impact of Recent Litigation on Interlibrary Loan
and Document Delivery (Spring, 1996) 88 Law Libr. J. 158

6.  Mary Brandt Jensen, Is the Library Without Walls on a Collision Course
with the 1976 Copyright Act? (1993) 85 Law Libr. J. 619

7.  IFLA Position paper on copyright in the electronic environment (Oct
1996) http//www.nlc-bnc.ca/ila/V/press/pr961002.htm

OR

IFLA
http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/
(It's not letting me through right now, but I got in a few days ago)

8.  James V. Mahon, A Commentary on Proposals for Copyright Protection on
the National Information Infrastructure, (1996) 22 Rutgers Computer &
Tech. L.J. 233

9.  Richard Pearse, Library Open-Distribution Systems and Copyright
Infringement in Canada and the United States (Summmer, 1994) 86 Law Libr.
J. 399

10.  Stanford Univeristy Libraries, Copyright and Fair Use Page
http://fairuse.stanford.edu

11.  Visual Resources Assn. A Review of the Conference on Fair Use and
Proposed Guidelines (Feb 1997)
http://www-ninch.cni.org/ISSUES/FAIRUSE%2FVRA%20Intro

OR

Visual Resources
http://www-ninch.cni.org/
(and then go to ISSUES)

12.  Robert Wedgeworth, The Fall 1993 Horace S. Manges Lecture - Copyright
and Libraries: Act II (1993) 17 Colum.-VLA J.L. & Arts 417

13.  Barry Weiss, Barbed Wires and Branding in Cyberspace: The Future of
Copyrigt Protection 450 PLI/Pat 397 (July 1996)

If I mistyped a URL and you can't get in, email me at minow@webtv.net Mary
Minow, Stanford Law Student and Legislative Intern, Library of California

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer
E-mail us with feedback