Threaded Index

Re: statewide licensing

Mary -

The State of Massachusetts is running a pilot project.  Here is the address of
the web site:

http://www.mlin.lib.ma.us/db_demo/search_intro.htm

Andrea Taupier
Associate Director
Babson Library
Springfield College
Springfield, MA

	minow @ webtv.net (Mary Minow)
04/14/97 06:36 AM
To: liblicense-l @ pantheon.yale.edu @ World
cc:  (bcc: Andrea Taupier/Springfield College/US)
Subject: statewide licensing

Can anyone get me started on investigatng statewide licensing of
databases?  I am working as a legislative intern with the LIBRARY OF
CALIFORNIA project, which (if passed by Legislature) will allow public,
academic, school and special libraries to merge catalogs into one
virtual library and get state reimbursement for interlibrary loans....

What vendors offer statewide licenses? What kind of terms? Where is this
already being done? Thank you!

Mary Minow, Stanford Law Student/Legislative Intern

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer
E-mail us with feedback