Threaded Index

Re: Nexis

I notice that discussions about strategies regarding dealing with Nexis
by libraries are getting perilously close to becoming somewhat improper
from a legal standpoint. May I point out for the benefit of all that
there is sometimes a fine line between the innocent exchange of
information by a group of major customers about a given supplier and an
attempt or conspiracy to impact a company improperly? I suggest becoming
familiar with the details of, e.g., the Robinson Patman Act. -Alan M.
Edelson, Ph.D.

_____________________________________
Ann Okerson wrote:
> Nexis Consortial Pricing:
>
> Here are some highlights from the Lexis-Nexis Academic Access "Multiple
> Port Discount Schedule"  we received at a consortial meeting in early
> February:
>
> Effective February 1, 1997
>
> Number of Ports begins at 1, discount 0%
> 10 ports = 4%
> 20 ports = 9%
> 30 ports = 13.33%
> 40 ports = 19%
> 50 ports = 24.50%
> 60 ports = 30%
> 70 ports = 36.6%
> 75 ports = 40%
>
> (the numbers in between are also given on the sheet of paper)
>
> From the bottom of the sheet:  "Discount rate is determined by the total
> number of ports purchased under a single subscription agreement."
>
> Ann Okerson
> Yale University
> Ann.Okerson@yale.edu

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense