Threaded Index

Call for License Texts

Dear Liblicense-l Readers:

Our Liblicense Web site contains a link to actual publishers licenses.  It
can be found at:

http://www.library.yale.edu/~Llicense/index.shtml

Currently included are the following licenses, and we are looking for more
examples.  We would like to annotate them briefly, as well, as a service
to our many users.  SO, may we hear from you if you either (1) are a
producer or vendor and have text of a license that we might include or
link to; and/or (2) if you are interested in working with the list and
describing each licensed product briefly (for example, "License XXX comes
from Universally Brilliant Learned Scholarly Journal Publications, Inc.,
and covers their complete list of 10,000 journal titles.  This is a World
Wide Web remotely accessible resource and the license is based on the
simultaneous user model" -- or whatever is a useful but brief
description).

If your message would be of interest to the whole list, please respond
here.  Otherwise, please message:  Ann.Okerson@yale.edu

Thank you in advance for this information.  The Moderators

CURRENT LICENSES AVAILABLE VIA LIBLICENSE-L (with publishers' permission
or widely accessible through the WWW):

                      Licenses Provided by Publishers

This page is under construction. It will contain links to texts of actual
licenses supplied by the kindness of publishers already doing business
with electronic texts.

o Academic Press Print and Electronic Access License (APPEAL)

o Astrophysical Journal, published by the University of Chicago
Press, offers one example.

o Journal of Molecular Biology: License for the Online version

o JSTOR, the Mellon Foundation-sponsored project to create digital
archives of standard print journals in selected disciplines

o New York Times On the Web: Subscriber Agreement

o Project Muse, from Johns Hopkins University Press, bringing dozens of
JHU Press journals on-line.

o Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics: License for
their collection of online journals

o Springer Verlag: Link Online License Agreement for electronic physics
journals from the German publisher

o Thesaurus Linguae Graecae (e-texts of ancient Greek literature); CD ROM
license agreement or site license agreement

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer
E-mail us with feedback