Threaded Index

Model Licenses

Sally,

This is fascinating!  When someone on this list called a model agreement
"delusional" I kept quiet mainly because I half agreed on the odds of
getting agreement between librarians and publishers.  I realize that the
legal environment in America is different from England, but I feel any
such agreement anywhere, could serve as an example everywhere.

Please keep us informed of progress.

Andrew Wohrley
___________________________________

> From:          Sally Morris <smorris@wiley.co.uk>

> You may be interested to know that a working group of publishers,
> librarians and other experts (including Charles Oppenheim) has been
> working on just such a model agreement in the UK;  the final version will
> be available soon from the Publishers Association and the Joint
> Information Services Committee of the Higher Education Funding Council.
> There has in fact been relatively little difficulty in reaching consensus
> on the wording.
>
> Sally Morris, John Wiley & Sons Ltd

Andrew Wohrley
Science & Technology Department