Threaded Index

Re: "blockbuster" scientific journals

Many librarians use the ISI impact factors to help make subscription
decisions.  I believe "reading" data will be used to supplement the
"citing" data that the ISI impact factors already attempt to measure.
Journal prices seem to be established on the basis of production costs
plus what the market will bear.  "Reading" data will impact the latter.

Tony

Anthony W. Ferguson
Associate University Librarian
Columbia University Libraries