Threaded Index

Re: EJournal Aggregation

I wonder if we are considering the question of aggregation with sufficient
breadth of view.  It is natural for libraries to think of serials vendors
and a bib utility like OCLC as service agents for the delivery of
electronic journals.  But the scholarly community at large might have
other ideas.

I'd draw your attention to the effort at the Philosophy Documentation
Center to develop online subscription-based searchable access to important
philosophy journals, as an example.

www.nlx.com/reference/journals.html

Will scholarly professional organizations be the ones with whom we will
negotiate, or will they be simply another aggregating alternative?

Mary Kay
Humboldt State University Library
mhk1@axe.humboldt.edu

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense