Threaded Index

Fallback position

We often discuss what we should or should not sign in any contract.  I'm
wondering what others have done when the vendor returns a response that
they will not do business with you if you insist on crossing out key terms
of their license agreements?  What is your fallback position?

So far, I've only had this experience once.  We knew that the policital
fallout would be heavy, but we stuck to our guns and now do not offer
electronic access to a major resource.

Anyone else care to comment?

--Scott

                  Scott B. Wicks             ***