Threaded Index

RE: Charging more for remote access

------ =_NextPart_000_01BC177F.8E7D6800

I agree with Shelly regarding the abuse of passwords. Our model however
could eliminate this fear. By installing a countrywide network of
academic support centres accessible only for distance learning students
registered with the University, access is controlled on two levels:

1. visually, as only students with valid University ID have access to
the site, and

2. once at the terminal, he still has to log-on and use his password.
I agree that there will also ways around, but the environment is in
principle identical to a campus site.

Rainer Moringer
Cyber Connections (Pty) Ltd
Info@vgt.co.za