Threaded Index

RE: Simultaneous User Pricing

Forwarded message:
From: "Sloan, Bernie" <bernies@uillinois.edu>
Subject: RE: Simultaneous User Pricing
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 15:20:09 -0600

For what it's worth, I can think of a reason why vendors might put limits
on simultaneous use under Ann's second scenario.

In cases where the institution maintains the hardware/software/etc that
provides access to the product, a vendor might need to put limits on
simultaneous use in order to be able to reasonably guarantee performance
warranties.

But then I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they have to directly tie
PRICING to simultaneous users.

Bernie Sloan

************************************
Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant
University Office for Planning & Budgeting
University of Illinois
(217) 333-4895
BernieS@uillinois.edu

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense