Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 19:12:59 -0800 (PST)
From: dnichols@awinc.com (Dianne Nicholson)
Subject: costs

I would be interested in seeing a discussion on how different libraries
have negotiated around the calculation of site licence fees.  ie.  I have
seen some vendors base pricing on # of branches, # of pac workstations,
population served, and there may be other versions.  This has
particularily far reaching impact when one is a multi branch system.

Is there some concensus on some kind of mixed formula which is fairer?

Dianne Nicholson
Okanagan Regional Library
Kelowna, British Columbia

dnichols@awinc.com