Subject: line and the text of the message before forwarding it back; otherwise
do not modify anything else (that includes the spacing in the headers).

It is strongly advised that you do not indent the message in any shape or form
if you decide to forward it back, especially if it is MIME encoded.

If you edit the messages you receive into a digest, you will need to remove
these paragraphs and the dashed line before mailing the result to the list.
Finally, if you need more information from the author of this message, you
should be able to do so by simply replying to this note.

----------------------- Message requiring your approval
----------------------MIME-Version: 1.0
From: Ann Okerson <okerson@pantheon.yale.edu>
Subject: Faxed Contracts?

An interesting question has been posed re. the validity of contracts.

I'd like to hear from our moderator/attorney Mr. Stenlake what his general
take on the answer might be.  Isn't signing a faxed contract and faxing
back the fax as legal a trasaction as signing an original contract and
sending that same original back in the mail?  If so the time lapse between
returning a fax and an original would not be relevant and there would not
be a recission period just because one first returned the contract in fax
form.

Could we also hear back from Sisla or others about why you feel the
questions posed are important?  For all our exchange of fax contracts/
licenses, we've not had any problems over this matter. Have any of you?
Under what circumstances do you think we ought to be concerned about this
matter?  (In several cases of e-content licenses, all I have on file are
signed fax versions of those licenses; no "original" in the traditional
sense of the word, has ever ensued.)

Ann Okerson
Associate University Librarian
Yale University