Launch of New COAR Website

*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

*Launch of New COAR Website

The Confederation of Open Access Repositories (COAR) is pleased
to announce the launch of its new website at:
http://www.coar-repositories.org. The website includes fresh
content, added Web2.0 functionality, and an updated look and
feel.

The site reflects a great deal of input from members. In
particular, it includes:

-Online discussions hosted by working groups such as the
Interoperability Forum <http://bit.ly/coar-interop-discussion>

-Published documents by COAR working groups, such as /The Case
for Interoperability for Open Access Repositories/
<http://bit.ly/coarwg2>, a new Open Access briefing paper

-A global map
<http://www.coar-repositories.org/member-and-partnership/> of
COAR's members and partners

-Announcements of upcoming events

-Links to the COAR Facebook <http://on.fb.me/coar-members> page
and Twitter <http://bit.ly/coar-twitter> presence

-RSS feeds to new content

Norbert Lossau, chairperson of COAR, comments "We are delighted
to launch the new COAR website. We feel that the new
infrastructure will be extremely valuable as COAR expands its
membership and leaves us better prepared to meet future needs."

If you are interested in collaborating with COAR please contact
the COAR Office at office@coar-repositories.org

About COAR
COAR, the Confederation of Open Access Repositories, is a young
association of repository initiatives launched in October 2009,
uniting over 60 members and partner organisations from 24
countries from throughout Europe, Latin America, Asia, and North
America. Its mission is to enhance greater visibility and
application of research outputs through global networks of Open
Access digital repositories. More information about COAR and its
members and partners is available at the COAR web site
<http://www.coar-repositories.org/>.

Dr. Birgit Schmidt
Scientific Manager

Goettingen State and University Library