RE: Orphans, etc.

I think it's a good idea, too, but i would urge that books be
chosen that more obviously and directly address issues of
interest to people subscribed to this list. One such new book
(which i am currently reviewing for the Journal of Scholarly
Publishing) is Kathleen Fitzpatrick's "Planned Obsolescence" (NYU
Press, 2011):

http://www.plannedobsolescence.net/kathleen-fitzpatrick/

It would actually be quite appropriate to offer this book for
"post-publication" crowd review because the manuscript was posted
for pre-publication crowd review as an experiment, given that one
of its main topics is the need to change how peer review works.

Sandy Thatcher