Routledge trials new author rights policy for LIS

For immediate release

Philadelphia, PA - Routledge, the social science and humanities
imprint of the Taylor & Francis Group, is pleased to announce a
two-year pilot initiative for the library and information science
research community, allowing contributors to its library and
information science journals to retain the copyright to their
work and to post it within their institutional repository without
an embargo period.

This initiative applies to any of Routledge's 35 library and
information science journals published from Taylor & Francis'
Philadelphia office. Under this scheme, an author may post the
peer-reviewed version of his or her article (although not the
published pdf.) into their institutional or subject repository
(although not commercial servers or for resale) immediately
following publication, so long as the original place of
publication is referenced and a URL link is made to the Version
of Record on Routledge's website. To view a list of included
titles please go to:

<http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/pdf/author/lis-journals.pdf>

As the landscape of scholarly publishing evolves, Routledge is
committed to exploring publishing models that suit customers'
needs. This initiative is intended to measure the financial
viability of dropping the postprint embargo period and to find
sustainable ways of extending author rights. The Routledge
library and information science journals collection is an ideal
testing ground for this pilot, due to the commitment and talent
of the editors working on these titles, along with the wide
interest in institutional and subject repositories among the
author community in this field.

Commenting on this initiative, Global Journals Publishing
Director, Dr David Green, said:

"At Routledge we publish journals that define their fields, and
we do this by listening and responding to our authors and
editors. This same ethos exists in how we think about all stages
of the journal publishing process; we have instigated this
initiative in response to dialogue with authors and editors in
the library and information science field. We are committed to
exploring new models of making content available to the research
community in ways that maintain quality and are fair to all, yet
maintain sustainable and viable publications."

Routledge is a leading publisher of library and information
science journals that cover a wide range of topics, from
collection management to medical librarianship, cataloging and
more, including Cataloging & Classification Quarterly, The
Serials Librarian (incorporating the NASIG conference
proceedings), Journal of Library Administration, Collection
Management, and over 30 other titles.

For more information and a complete list of Routledge's
librarianship journals, visit www.tandf.co.uk/libsite
<http://www.tandf.co.uk/libsite>

For more information please contact:
Victoria Wright, Communications Manager, Taylor & Francis Group
Journals
e-mail: Victoria.Wright@tandf.co.uk