Re: Future of the "subscription model?"

Let me respond very briefly (for once!) just to say that I think
it will be very interesting to see how the subscription models
for the new book aggregations from MUSE, JSTOR, OUP, etc. work
out in the face of the challenge from PDA. Probably the two will
coexist for a while, but I'm not sure for how long, or which one
will triumph in the end. I suppose this partly depends on how
much these vendors allow libraries to purchase only specific
parts of the entire aggregations. Rick Anderson, what do you
think?

Sandy Thatcher