Re: OA economics & libraries

David, commercial publishers were much more quick than non-profit
publishers to devise and implement sophisticated editorial
managements systems for journals, to try out new business
approaches like the "big deal," to experiment with and then
implement DOI and Cross-Ref, etc. I can give you a long list of
such examples, but these may suffice for the time being.

Sandy Thatcher