Re: Future of the "subscription model?"

Fred:  In library training, we learned that the basic definition
of serials is "publications intended to be continued
indefinitely." (Or at least for some time to come.)  By my
lights, then, a "subscription" represents any ongoing, regular
payment for such continuing publications.

Does this help with definitions?  Ann