Re: Decision-making for acquiring databases for library collections

Dear Lisa:  thank you for this most helpful list of essential
criteria.

Now I have more questions for you and for our other readers and
lurkers.  The questions are:

1.Do all the criteria have to be met, or are some more essential
than others?

2.How does one evaluate criteria such as "demand," "quality of
content," "usability?"  What process is followed in each of these
evaluations?

3.How much of this evaluating can one realistically do before
making an acquisition or even subscribing to such a database?

Many thanks, Ann Okerson