CMA and CSP Announce New Journals Collection

Canadian Medical Association and Canadian Science Publishing Join
Forces to Expand National and Global Distribution of Research

Ottawa, October 3, 2011 - Canada's leading not-for-profit
scholarly 'publishers-the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) and
Canadian Science Publishing (CSP)-have entered into a strategic
alliance to expand the dissemination of important research
findings to clinicians and researchers across Canada and around
the globe. Starting in 2012, the publishers will form a premiere
journals collection via subscription to large academic, medical,
government, and corporate libraries and consortia.

CMA Publications is responsible for publishing CMAJ, CMA's
flagship journal and Canada's leading general medical journal. A
not-for-profit publisher originally established in 1929, CSP
produces 15 science and technology journals under the brand NRC
Research Press. Under the new arrangement, CSP will promote
subscription sales to CMAJ as part of a complete STM or
biomedical journal package. Both publishers will continue to
offer single title subscriptions to those institutions preferring
to subscribe on a title-by-title basis.

"CMAJ is a substantial addition to our journals collection, and
we are thrilled to meet the needs of librarians by offering a
complete compendium of journals across the Science, Technical and
Medical (STM) spectrum," said Cameron Macdonald, Executive
Director of CSP. Director of Publications, CMA,Glenda Proctor,
added that, "CMAJ has significantly impacted medicine and health
care over the past 100 years, and we feel certain that our new
alliance will allow librarians to access our combined content
more efficiently and help us reach emerging markets around the
world more effectively."

CMAJ showcases innovative research and ideas aimed at improving
health for people in Canada and globally through its publication
of original clinical research, analyses and reviews, news,
practice updates and thought-provoking editorials. In 2011, the
journal celebrates 100 years of publishing medical knowledge in
print and now online (http://www.cmaj.ca). CMAJ has an impact
factor of 9.0 and its website receives over 30 million requests a
year. New content is uploaded on cmaj.ca every week.

CSP is the foremost Canadian publisher of award-winning,
peer-reviewed science and offers access to the largest archive of
published research in Canada. With an international editorial
team comprising some of the world's leading researchers, CSP
communicates scientific discoveries to over 175 countries. All 15
NRC Research Press journals are available online
(www.nrcresearchpress.com) and are accessible e-First before
print publication on a new state-of-the art web platform.

NRC Research Press, previously the publishing arm of the National
Research Council of Canada (NRC) since 1929, transitioned in
September 2010 from NRC and the Federal Government of Canada into
an independent not-for-profit organization operating under the
new name Canadian Science Publishing. For more information on
CSP, visit:
http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/page/about/newsroom/news.

For more information:
Timothy Howe
Canadian Medical Association
timothy.howe@cma.ca
800 663-7336 x2077

Judy Letourneau
Canadian Science Publishing/
Editions Sciences Canada
judy.letourneau@nrcresearchpress.com
613 993-0151

Distributed on behalf of CMA by:

Kerry Velilla | Associate | Kaufman-Wills Group, LLC
24 Aintree Road | Baltimore, MD 21286
785-484-2970 (office)
785-305-0826 (mobile)
kerry@kaufmanwills.com