RE: STM signs Out of Commerce Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)

[MOD. note: Thanks to David and Sarah for these useful links.
It would be most helpful for those of us outside Europe to
understand more the nature of the problem here, and particularly
how this MOU will address it.  What are the actual practical
steps that need to be followed?  Implementation?  In countries
with Fair Use or Fair Dealing, we may not share all the issues
that our European colleagues do.  What are the differences, etc?
Further discussion would be much appreciated.]

Colleagues, The European Commission Out of Commerce Works FAQ
which is available from:

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=MEMO/11/619&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en

is a useful resource here.

Regards
Sarah Durrant

Chief Executive Officer
Association of Learned & Professional Society Publishers
Office: +44(0)1728 633196
Mobile: +44 (0)7715 121910
Email: sarah.durrant@alpsp.org
ALPSP Website: www.alpsp.org