Ithaka S+R announces new research program

Ithaka S+R Announces New Program: Research Support Services for
Scholars

Ithaka S+R is pleased to announce a new program, Research Support
Services for Scholars, that will comprise a series of
discipline-specific research projects aimed to provide critically
needed research about the evolving behavior and needs of scholars
to the information support service providers who work with them.
Based on this research, Ithaka S+R will make recommendations
regarding the future of support services for scholars and how
information service providers-such as libraries, computing
support centers, scholarly societies, and publishers-can support
their needs.

Ithaka S+R begins this international research program with two
projects: a research project in chemistry, with support from JISC
and an emphasis on the needs of UK chemists, and a research
project in history, with support from the National Endowment of
the Humanities and an emphasis on US historians.

Read more about the program and projects:

<http://www.ithaka.org/ithaka-s-r/research/research-support-services-for-scholars>

Are you a scholar in chemistry or history? Do you know someone
who is? Or are you an information service provider to these
fields? Help us by providing feedback during our research process
or encouraging others to do so through our project website at:

<http://www.researchsupportservices.net>

About Ithaka S+R

Ithaka S+R (http://www.ithaka.org/ithaka-s-r) is a strategic
consulting and research service that focuses on the
transformation of scholarship and teaching in an online
environment, with the goal of identifying the critical issues
facing our community and acting as a catalyst for change.
Ithaka S+R is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization that
helps the academic community use digital technologies to preserve
the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in
sustainable ways. JSTOR, a research and learning platform, and
Portico, a digital preservation service, are also part of ITHAKA.

Marita La Monica
Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications
ITHAKA
Tel: 212-358-6400