Re: JSTOR Announces Free Early Journal Content

Jean-Claude Guedon wrote earlier today:

> Nonetheless, Persee deserves all the support of the
> International community. There should be a European Persee.

Indeed; and that would be very nice, for everybody (and not
least, I'd surmise, for those who are now enthusiastic users of
JStor).

In my previous response, I, incidentally, considered mentioning
also the system called "DigiZeitschriften", but didn't because
its open-access component is much more modest than that of Persee
(but still also comparable to what JStor has now decided to do).
For anyone interested in looking further into the matter, I might
refer here to a couple of interesting and quite useful postings
that appeared during the last few days on the German library
discussion list InetBib: by Bernd-Christoph Kaemper at

http://www.ub.uni-dortmund.de/listen/inetbib/msg45874.html

and by Klaus Graf at:

http://www.ub.uni-dortmund.de/listen/inetbib/msg45888.html

The DigiZeitschriften site, by the way, is at:

http://www.digizeitschriften.de/

and its OA section at:
http://www.digizeitschriften.de/openaccess/

-Laval Hunsucker