Taylor & Francis Mobile - take knowledge on the move!

Abingdon, September 2011

Taylor & Francis have created Taylor & Francis Online Mobile
which provides mobile access to the 1,600 Journals and Reference
Works available via Taylor & Francis Online from today.

Taylor & Francis Online Mobile allows users to access knowledge
via iPhone, Android, Blackberry and tablet devices.

This new service is free to use, and offers the following
benefits to users:

-Readers are able to link to their institution's content via a
quick and easy pairing process, as explained in our video demo;

-The interface is optimized to allow browsing, reading and
searching - making the most of smaller screens by using HTML 5;

-Users are able to login and share links to content via social
networks and email;

-They can also create their own favorites list which is
simultaneously saved on Taylor & Francis Online.

-Clearly identified branding

Commenting on this development, Ian Bannerman, Taylor & Francis
Journals MD states, "We are pleased to provide convenient and
intuitive access to our content for readers on the move. Mobile
integration with institutional holdings now provides seamless
access to Taylor & Francis journals and gives librarians a more
complete view of their usage".

Getting started on Taylor & Francis Online Mobile involves simply
typing the url www.tandfonline.com into the browser of a mobile
device.  There is also help and instructions available to get
users started at: http://www.tandfonline.com/page/help/mobile.

Taylor & Francis Mobile is a mobile optimized website often
referred to as a 'web app'.  You do not need to go to an 'app
store' to obtain the mobile version simply open the browser.

The mobile site works on the following versions of Android,
iPhone and Blackberry:

-iPhone and iPod devices running OS 3.2 or later
-iPad 3.2.2 or later
-Android 2.2 or later
-BlackBerry OS 6 (including the Torch 9800)
-BlackBerry Tablet OS devices (including PlayBook)

If a user's mobile device is not supported they can still view
Taylor & Francis Online, but will be directed to the full version
of the site rather than the mobile.

Follow us @TandFOnline

For more information please contact:
Victoria Wright