SPIE selects Silverchair to host the SPIE Digital Library

SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics, is
pleased to announce that we have selected Silverchair Information
Systems to host the SPIE Digital Library on its SCM6 platform as
of June 2012.  SPIE looks forward to having new features and
capabilities that will serve librarians and researchers; the new
SPIE Digital Library will be a integrated portal for conference
proceedings, journals, and books and related content that uses
the strong semantic capabilities of the SCM6 platform and the
taxonomy of optics and photonics that SPIE has created.

The SPIE Digital Library is the most extensive research resource
on optics and photonics, with more than 320,000 technical papers
from SPIE Journals and Conference Proceedings from 1990 to the
present and more than 150 SPIE Press books. SPIE publishes
approximately 17,000 new technical papers and 15 to 20 new books
in the SPIE Digital Library each year.

For more information read the press release
<http://spie.org/x57022.xml>.

We look forward to input from the library community on how SPIE
can serve you and your researchers.

Best regards,

Mary Summerfield

Publications Business Development Manager
SPIE
marysu@SPIE.org

SPIE is the international society for optics and photonics.
SPIE.org<http://www.spie.org/>