IRs

Lordan Dempsey's Twitter feed led me to this blog post:

http://blogs.ch.cam.ac.uk/pmr/about-2/

An excerpt:

"My 6+ years of involvement with formal repositories, essentially
Institutional Repositories (IRs), has convinced me that their
design and philosophy is completely wrong for modern scientific
research, especially data-driven research."

While I have seen surveys of the number of institutions that have
built IRs, I have yet to see information about the role they play
in the day-to-day work of researchers.  It may be too early to do
such a survey, as the IR world is still very young and usage
could change rapidly over time.

Joe Esposito