Re: Amazon boycott

I am not certain that taxes collected and paid by companies like
Amazon would, in fact, go to schools, libraries, infrastructure,
etc.  In the current political environment, it is more likely the
collected monies would go for tax breaks for corporations and the
wealthy. See: Wisconsin,Ohio, Florida, US Congress.  When the
state lottery was initiated in New York, the monies were to go to
education.  Indeed.  That doesn't seem to have happened.  Until
state legislatures pass laws that are a lock for directing money
to schools and libraries, I doubt the benefit will go to these
institutions.

Mary Seligman
New York