Re: PLOS One

There is, of course, no silver lining for which there isn't a
cloud.  One's first thought on seeing that the impact factor of
PLoS One has increased (marginally, statistically
insignificantly?) is naturally that this is the start of a
decline.

But surely Phil's hypothesis is testable.  Is it the case that a
fall in Immediacy Index for a growing journal leads to a fall in
impact factor? Hundreds of journals have been launched in the
past decade - won't the answer be in the data.  I look forward to
seeing the analysis.

David