Re: query about the Big Deal

Thank you for sharing this information, David.

I would like to know what experience others have had with
including faculty, who would be affected by journal
cancellations, in the decision-making process. Granted this may
open a can of worms better left sealed, but wouldn't this open
approach inform faculty of the fact that their library is
experiencing cutbacks or a flat budget and cannot continue to
provide access to content they may, in fact, rely on for research
purposes (let's ignore the infrequently used aspect). Should
faculty be part of this process? Would/does this approach
minimize the potential backlash to journal cancellations on the
library or would it simply bog down the inevitable?

Claudia Holland