OECD iLibrary usage statistics now available

Paris -24th June 2011

OECD iLibrary now provides usage statistics according to COUNTER
standards, plus MARC records for all subscribers.

OECD is pleased to announce that it now provides reliable
standardized usage reports for ALL content on OECD iLibrary
<http://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/>.  The detailed usage statistics
are provided for full-text downloads by title and month.  This
includes all content in PDF, HTML, XLS and Data downloads, ePub
will be added shortly.

The iLibrary usage reports cover all content whether freely
accessible or behind access controls. There is no duplication in
the usage reported as the usage of each publication or dataset is
reported separately in one of three reports dependent on the
nature of the content:

* Book Report 1

* Book Report 2

* Journal Report 1

Toby Green, Head of OECD Publishing, said, "We know how important
usage data is to libraries and providing it in accordance with
COUNTER standards is the only accurate way in which to make usage
comparable with other resources. The biggest challenge for us was
to fit all our diverse content into the COUNTER-compliant reports
and we dealt with COUNTER directly to clarify some uncertain
cases. Now that this process is complete we are very pleased to
offer this important service to our customers."

OECD has also launched MARC Records initially for the books and
serials in OECD iLibrary, available for all subscribers to
download. MARC records are provided in MARC21 XML format
according to U.S. Library of Congress specifications, and those
for OECD journals and data products are scheduled for later this
year.

OECD iLibrary is the global knowledge base for OECD's data and
analysis.  It contains all books and papers published since 1998,
as well as a vast collection of statistics, with data going back
to the 1960s and more than 80 countries covered.  It provides
integrated search results, showing all available file formats and
languages, as well as links to previous editions. As one of the
most comprehensive online resources on the world economy,
society, education and environment, OECD iLibrary is a powerful
tool for people working at academic institutions, in the private
sector and at governmental and non-governmental organisations.

Information on the iLibrary's COUNTER compliant usage statistics
and how to download the information for your institution is
available at: <http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/41/36/48150483.pdf>

Information on MARC Records is available at:
<http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/35/41/46578015.pdf>

For further information about the OECD iLibrary please contact:

Francois Barnaud, Head of Marketing, OECD,
francois.barnaud@oecd.org

Toby Green, Head of Publishing, OECD, toby.green@oecd.org

****