Re: Genes|Genoes|Genetics, a new, open-access journal

The new G3 journal sounds like an exciting development.

I wonder if the publisher would be willing to disclose more
information about the financial model.  I understand that society
members will pay $1,650 for an article accepted for publication,
nonmembers will pay $1,950.  How were these figures arrived at?
A related question is what is the acceptance rate for the
publication to break even?  That is, if the publication accepts
only 10% of submissions, the cost of processing all the rejected
material may make the publication unprofitable, but if the
publication accepts 90% of submissions, it may be wildly
profitable.

I am aware that the society may not wish to disclose these
figures, but I hope that there is no harm in asking.

Joe Esposito