Palgrave Macmillan launch Open Access initiative

Palgrave Macmillan launch initiative offering Open Access
publishing to scholars in the social sciences

Palgrave Macmillan today announces the launch of Palgrave Open
(www.palgrave-journals.com/palgraveopen/) offering authors of
accepted primary research papers the option to publish their
articles with immediate open access.

Working in collaboration with scholarly institutions and learned
society partners, Palgrave Macmillan has selected eighteen
journals to offer Open Access at launch:

*BioSocieties
*British Politics
*Comparative European Politics
*Contemporary Political Theory
*European Journal of Development Research
*French Politics
*International Politics
*Journal of Asset Management
*Journal of Brand Management
*Journal of Banking Regulation
*Journal of Derivatives & Hedge Funds
*Journal of International Business Studies
*Journal of Public Health Policy
*Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management
*Journal of Simulation
*OR Insight
*Social Theory & Health
*Subjectivity

David Bull, Journals Publishing Director at Palgrave Macmillan,
says: "Palgrave Open is a timely and exciting initiative for the
social sciences, a sector that has not hitherto found itself
significantly involved with open access models. We're now taking
a lead in presenting our communities with an alternative
publishing model, to sit beside our existing subscription and
site license business. It is important that we are at the
forefront of exploring scaleable and sustainable publishing
solutions in the digital age. Over the next 18 months we will
carefully assess and review the impact and operation of Palgrave
Open."

Authors can choose to publish their article Open Access under one
of two Creative Commons licenses and Palgrave Open's publishing
policies ensure that authors can fully comply with the public
access requirements of major funding bodies worldwide.

The first article to be published via Palgrave Open, 'Creating
the 'ethics industry': Mary Warnock, in vitro fertilization and
the history of bioethics in Britain' by Duncan Wilson, University
of Manchester, UK, is now freely available in the June issue of
BioSocieties.

Palgrave Open: www.palgrave-journals.com/palgraveopen/

BioSocieties: www.palgrave-journals.com/biosoc/

About Palgrave Macmillan

Palgrave Macmillan is a global publisher, serving learning and
scholarship in higher education and the professional world. We
have an established and distinguished track record in
international academic publishing with considerable strengths in
the Humanities, Social Sciences and Business. Our academic
publishing programme includes textbooks, journals, monographs,
professional and reference works in print and online. Palgrave
Macmillan represents an unbroken tradition of 150 years of
independent publishing, continually reinventing itself for the
future. For more information, please visit www.palgrave.com

For further information please contact:

Charley Holyhead
Head of Scholarly Marketing