Re: Another post about the Georgia State copyright case

My opinion about the old GSU policy, or about the opinions of
Kenny or Professor Patterson, would be entirely irrelevant.  But
it should be obvious that the motivation behind this suit is to
force more money toward the CCC.  This is why the CCC agreed to
help finance the suit in the first place.  The goal for the
publishers is not damages but sustained, long-term revenue
increases; the fact that damages are not available is a red
herring.

Kevin L. Smith, M.L.S., J.D.
Director of Scholarly Communications
Duke University, Perkins Library