Re: Measuring citations

Lately, there have been several attempts to clarify the true
impact of journals.  MESUR is one such important effort
(http://www.mesur.org/MESUR.html).  Johan Bollen spoke about this
project at a NISO/BISG meeting at ALA a couple of years ago.  I
recommend this effort as worth your consideration.

Aline Soules
California State University, East Bay
Hayward, CA  94542
aline.soules@csueastbay.edu