ALA Program Announcement: Managing Your Future E-Book Collection

*Managing Your Future E-Book Collection*
(Publisher-Vendor-Library Relations Interest Group)

Monday, June 27, 8:00-10:00 am
MCC (Morial Convention Center) -Room 287

Panelists:

*Beth Fuseler Avery, Coordinator of Collection Development,
University of North Texas Libraries

*Melanie Schaffner, Marketing & Sales Manager, Project MUSE at
the Johns Hopkins University Press

*Michael Zeoli, Director, Global Consortia, YBP Library Services

As more libraries increase their e-book holdings by purchasing
subject collections and installing patron demand systems, new
methods of acquiring and organizing content must be considered.
As libraries struggle to control costs and manage their growing
e-book collections, issues such as duplication of content in both
electronic and print forms and reliable metadata become
increasingly important. Our panel will discuss the dichotomy of
selecting and organizing e-book content in a fast and growing
landscape of digitized titles, and how vendors and publishers are
offering more content and levels of service while keeping up with
standards in an ever-changing environment.

If you are interested in becoming involved with PVLR, please
attend our planning meeting on Saturday, June 25th at 4 pm at the
Embassy Suites, Jean Lafitte 1.

For more information, please contact co-chairs Liz Lorbeer
(lorbeer@uab.edu) or Kim Steinle (ksteinle@dukeupress.edu

--
Kimberly Steinle
Library Relations Manager