Re: Interview with Rector of University of Liege

Yes, I should have been more precise in my use of language as "OA
journal publishing" might easily be misconstrued as meaning "gold
OA publishing." I did mean to say exactly what Stevan more
precisely has stated.

I'm not sure, however, why gold OA publishing for books must be
considered "premature," however, especially in the form in which
Athabasca and some other presses are pursuing it, viz., without
requiring any payments from authors.  I say, if they can make it
work now and have the money to fund it (whether from print POD
sales or otherwise, without directly charging author fees), why
not?

Sandy Thatcher