APS Updates all Scanned Archival PDFs in PROLA

APS Updates all Scanned Archival PDFs in our Physical Review
Online Archive

Ridge, NY, June 6, 2011 - The American Physical Society is
pleased to announced a refresh of all PDFs contained in the
scanned portion of our Physical Review Online Archive (PROLA).
APS was one of the first publishers to put our entire backfile
online, completing the scanning process in May 2001. In those
early days, APS opted to put our content online quickly and in an
inexpensive manner that would then allow us to take advantage of
any future improvements in technology. We have now completed the
next step by partnering with Aquaforest. Using their Autobahn DX
conversion software, we have efficiently reprocessed our entire
scanned archive of approximately 250,000 articles, further
compressing them and adding searchable text. Researchers will
find these enhanced PDFs faster to download and much more
convenient to navigate and read. APS is committed to ensuring the
long-term availability and usability of all of the information
that we publish.

Contact: Mark Doyle
American Physical Society,
doyle@aps.org