QScience.com preserves journals with the CLOCKSS Archive

QScience.com from Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals preserves
journals with the CLOCKSS Archive

(apologies for cross posting)

The CLOCKSS Archive is pleased to announce that Bloomsbury Qatar
Foundation Journals (BQFJ) is preserving their journals in
CLOCKSS's geographically and geopolitically distributed network
of redundant archive nodes, located at 12 major research
libraries around the world.

By archiving with CLOCKSS, Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals
ensures that its open access articles remain open access forever.
If necessary, CLOCKSS will make this content available, under a
Creative Commons license, at no cost to all scholars around the
world.

Arend Kuster, Managing Director of Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation
Journals, said "Archiving and securing the permanent availability
of eJournals is of paramount importance. We at Bloomsbury Qatar
Foundation Journals are pleased to participate in and support
this initiative, while working in conjunction with the
international publishing community.  It is key to our mission in
establishing QScience.com as a leading journals platform from the
region, and we want to establish preservation and archiving into
our workflow early on."

CLOCKSS Executive Director Randy S. Kiefer adds, "CLOCKSS
welcomes Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals and the
QScience.com platform. Working with such publishers in an online
format is exciting. We are pleased to be a partner with the
Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals in their new venture."

About  Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals

Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals is the publisher of online
journals at their recently launched site QScience.com, an
innovative and collaborative peer-reviewed online publishing
platform from Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals (BQFJ). It
offers a fast and transparent scholarly publishing process that
is centered on the author, bringing their research to a global
audience. QScience.com is the online home of a growing range of
peer-reviewed open-access journals and also provides a central
resource for databases and repositories. Our aim is to reflect
the burgeoning research environment of Qatar to the wider world
and to foster scientific and scholarly communication in the 21st
century. http://www.qscience.com

About the CLOCKSS Archive

The CLOCKSS (Controlled Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) Archive
is a not-for-profit joint venture between the world's leading
scholarly publishers and research libraries whose mission is to
build a sustainable, geographically distributed dark archive with
which to ensure the long-term survival of Web-based scholarly
publications for the benefit of the greater global research
community. http://www.CLOCKSS.org

***