ALA> Open Source ERMs: CORAL and ERMes

Please join us in New Orleans for this program co-sponsored by
RUSA CODES and ALCTS of interest to all librarians involved with
the management of electronic resources.

*Open Source Electronic Resource Management Systems:
         CORAL and ERMes*

To tame the complex and ever-changing electronic resource
management landscape, electronic resource management systems
(ERMS) need to be flexible, evolving, and affordable. Two such
systems are ERMes and CORAL, developed by libraries for libraries
and made freely available.  ERMes, developed at the University of
Wisconsin-LaCrosse, runs in Microsoft Access and is suitable for
small and medium libraries.  CORAL, developed at the University
of Notre Dame, is a modular, web-based system. Presenters will
discuss the development and future plans of each system while
also demonstrating how they use these ERMS. Join us to learn more
about these free ERMS and answer such question as: Why open
source ERMS?  Which of these free e-resource management systems
might help me simplify e-resource management at my library? How
can an ERMS help me save time and money?

Our speakers are: Galadriel Chilton and William Doering of the
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, and Benjamin Heet and Robin
Malott of the University of Notre Dame.

When: Sunday, 26 June 2011, 10:30am - 12:00pm

Where: Morial Convention Center, Room 391 (MCC391), American
Library Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana

Galadriel Chilton
Electronic Resources Librarian
Murphy Library
University of Wisconsin - La Crosse