RE: 8,000 authors favour Open Access and see impact

Hi All

Although I'm in favour of Open Access, Sally's concern is
spot-on.  If not 'circular', then it certainly only gives one
half of the story.  The conclusion does briefly note that "The
survey was conducted amongst a group of authors who are already
favourably inclined towards Open Access."

Given that only OA authors were polled, I think the title of the
report is mis-leading.  Perhaps, instead of "Author Attitudes
Towards Open Access Publishing" it should be "Open Access
Authors' Attitudes Towards Open Access Publishing"

Regards

Ken

Dr. Ken Masters
Asst. Professor: Medical Informatics
Medical Education Unit
College of Medicine & Health Sciences
Sultan Qaboos University
Sultanate of Oman
E-i-C: The Internet Journal of Medical Education