From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Jennie Johnson
Sent: 19 May 2011 02:47
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: 8,000 authors favour Open Access and see impact

Dear all,

I thought you might be interested to learn that InTech, an Open
Access publisher, last week published a White Paper entitled
'Author Attitudes towards Open Access Publishing' - making
available results from a recent survey of over 8,000 authors to
determine their attitudes towards Open Access.

The benefits of the Open Access (OA) model continue to be debated
by publishers and librarians, but relatively little research has
been undertaken to understand the attitudes of researchers. It
was with this in mind that InTech commissioned TBI to survey its
25,000-strong author-base to help better understand researcher
awareness of and attitudes towards this evolving model. By
sharing the results of this survey, InTech hopes to dispel some
of the myths about what researchers truly value relating to OA
and peer review.

I've copied yesterday's press release below for your information,
or to read the White Paper and see for yourself the full results
of the survey, go to:
http://www.intechweb.org/public_files/Intech_OA_Apr11.pdf

I do hope this is of interest; please let me know if you would
like any more information.

All best wishes,

Jennie Johnson, TBI Communications

Tel: +44 1865 875896