Re: Peer-Editors and Peer Review

There is also the matter of an editor steering a publication in a
way that the reviewers may not contemplate.  This is what is
meant when someone says that a particular article is right for
one journal, not right for another.  (This is even more true for
book publishing.)  Not everyone agrees that this is or should be
an editor's prerogative. But it is very much part of an editor's
job for most publications and it is not captured by peer review.

Joe Esposito